Michigan Pet Alliance recognizes that continuous education and training are critical to the success of achieving best practices and standards of care for companion animals.
Since 2011, some of our board members have produced a multi-day, multi-track, biennial statewide conference featuring national experts and leaders in animal welfare. In the off year, a daylong topic-specific workshop is produced.
Conferences and Workshops
2021 Hands-on Workshops (assuming CDC guidelines allow):
October 25 & 26 – Charlevoix Area Humane Society
October 26 & 27 – Humane Society of West Michigan
October 27 & 28 – Ingham County Animal Control and Shelter
October 28 & 29 – Michigan Humane – Detroit
- Dog behavior assessments
- Adoptions and how to reduce return rates
- Best practices in foster care programming, recruitment and support
- Cat language
- Strategies to help shy, fearful and cage-aggressive cats become more adoptable
- Monitoring cat health and behavior
- Strategies to help struggling cats
Registration opens August 2, 2021.
As webinars become available, more information will be provided.