Become part of a statewide animal welfare organization that sets the standards and speaks with one voice for companion animals in Michigan.
Benefits for all members:
- Participation in an organization that improves the lives of companion animals
- Opportunity to be selected to serve on the board of directors or working committees
- Access to data reporting: trends, benchmarking, challenges, case studies, assessment and demonstration of needs for animals, and better supported, funded and/or effective service organizations
- Access and discounts to professional growth and development opportunities, including webinars, training, seminars and conferences
- Ability to advocate for statewide sound policies and practices created from a set of standards that are based on expertise and science
- Access to a single unified public message for animal welfare, advocating with a strong, collective voice to funders, regulators, legislators and policy makers
- Access to mobilization and grassroots efforts by like-minded individuals who are working to improve animal welfare and to speak on behalf of companion animals
- Ability to be part of a group helping leaders, policy makers and funders understand the true cost and benefit of quality care for animals and the hidden costs of inadequate or poorly supported systems of care
- Subscription to a monthly e-newsletter
- Updates and alerts concerning Michigan animal welfare legislation
- Updates and alerts concerning industry best practices
- Free postings for job openings or resume bank
In addition to serving as a united front for animal welfare in the state, MPA membership connects you to professionals within the animal welfare community and gives you a voice for change and improvement.
Eligibility: Animal shelters, home-based foster care rescues, spay/neuter clinics and other nonprofit animal welfare organizations.
Additional organization member benefits:
- Ability for shelters and home-based rescues to obtain third-party performance certification
- Access to animal welfare community resources to leverage better use of technology
- Access to opportunities for improved staff and volunteer caretaking and advancement of the workforce
- Ability to help secure funding and influence regulators
- Opportunities to serve on MPA working committees to set state standards and address professional educational requirements
- Ability to network and share with fellow animal welfare members via Listserv, private chat rooms and other communication channels
- Access to Michigan-specific web-based library of resources and standard operating procedures
- Membership packages to fit your organization’s budget
- Ability to manage your organization’s profile
- Prominent recognition as a key supporter of the Michigan animal welfare community
- Promotion of the business on the MPA website, including logo and website link, as well as in various MPA publications
- Opportunity to participate as an event sponsor or vendor at reduced rates
MPA membership dues are based on the organization’s annual budget. Dues are for one year from join date. Membership is also offered to individuals, businesses and for-profit corporations.
Volunteers and staff affiliated with a Shelter / Rescue / Other Nonprofit member can join the association at a discounted rate, only $25 per person, by choosing the Add-on Membership option.
To join or renew, please click here.